LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Little Quality Time

I had to go into the office yesterday, which was a chore within itself.


The times that I do nothing with them, I seem to cherish the most...

Saturday, the men in my life(my man, dad, and brother) went fishing. I got a chance to catch up on so many things with my mother. I can talk to her for hours... Her sisters came by and it was over. Imagine a group of middle aged women, drinking wine, with a whole lot to talk about...The funny thing is, even though I am a mother, I still feel like I am twelve years old again when I am around them. The way they talk in codes and whisper when they are telling something that shouldn't be told. Some things never change.
After the guys got back I was ready to go. Those women wore me out. Go get me this...bring Auntie some of that...Run to the store and get Auntie a little of this...
They just love my man, and he loves the attention. After they ooed and awed over him for a while and stroked his ego, he was finally ready to go. My daughter opted to stay with the fam, which was fine with me!
We were going to go out, but we opted to stay in. We watched Love Jones, which is one of my favorite movies, and I pampered him for the rest of the evening, complete with a massage, and since we had already eaten at my parent's house...a little dessert.

Sunday we went to church and met up with the rest of the family. Sunday evening my man and I cooked a big dinner at my house...I don't know why, it was just the three of us. My daughter baked the most awful cookies that I have ever been forced to eat, but I just smiled and pretended that I loved them. Just the thought of how they tasted...Whew! I don't even want to think about it, it makes me light headed. The things we do for the people we love....

My daughter chose to play in her room for the rest of the evening...she has more than enough to entertain herself. That left more time for me and him...

The more time I spend with him, the more good that I see in him. Of course it could just be those golden eyes which he and all of his brother have, or those dimples, but the fact of the matter is, he is a beautiful person within. That man has a heart of gold. He knows what to say at exactly the right moment. He can change my mood with just a smile, even when I am so pissed off at him that I can throw something. He makes me look within to find the best in me...just being himself.

Real love...exists. We're living proof. I just wish more people would realize how much better life is when two people can love each other, whole-heartedly. Love really can get you through so many things.

I'm in a sappy mood just thinking about him. That confident stride makes me weak in the knees...Let me stop before I tackle him and get his suit wrinkled...

Enough about me...

How are things going with everyone? How was your weekend?

9 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...I try.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    I kinda wish my great aunts and stuff would still talk in code. I don't wanna know some of that stuff that be talking about *shiver*!

    Let that man go to work wrinkle free! ROFL

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Believe me, I am too tired to even try..

    The less I know about what they talk about...the better off I am.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    LOL @ tackling him & getting his suit wrinkled!

    i had a good weekend, partied as usual..

    im w/ ladynay.. i need my aunts to talk in code too.. cause some of those topics..... lol

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I hate to hear them talk about me. I just get up and leave the room...

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Great Aunts are the craziest people on earth...I love them !!! How special was watching Love Jones with your "Love Jones" ..LOL

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Sounds like you had fun. You should've stayed longer. There's nothing like talking about your sex life with your relatives. LOL.

    So you're the one that keeps the dry cleaner in business? Poor, poor, suit.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @valentino...It was sweet...

    @freaky...I try to give them as much business as possible can...LOL

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Shai said…

    I am not as hopeful about love hence my blog on Love my journey to learn about Love. Check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home