LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What Do You See When You Look At Me?

My man had me so irritated yesterday. He was in a bad mood because of something that had happened at work and he brought that s*** home. Ugh!

I didn't say anything to him. I just let him walk around the house and throw his little temper tantrum for an hour or so. I was cooking dinner and he came to me and said,

"What Do You See When You Look At Me?"

Not knowing where this all came from or where it was going, I hesitated and thought for a moment. Did he want to know what I saw physically, or did he want to know what I saw beyond the looks?

After a short pause I said, "I see something wonderful when I look at you. I see a handsome man, who takes care of himself, to make sure he'll be around to take care of me for a long time. I see a man that is loving, kind, patient, loyal and honest. I see a man who has the ability to make me melt with just one word. I see a man who is sure of himself in every way...his religion, his career, his life. I see a man who is able to take charge of situations rather than wait for someone else to make all the decisions. When I look at you, I see love. What it has been to me, what is to me now, and what it will be in the future."

I could see him smiling from the inside out. Whatever he had on his mind didn't seem to matter as much. He started helping me with dinner.

Relationships are hard work! As much as I wanted to knock his head off I didn't. I just let him have his time and work his situation out on his own without interference. It's not that I didn't care about what was on his mind I just felt like if he wanted me to know, he would have told me. Sometimes situations are not there for me to fix.


What do you want people to see when they look at you?

13 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Hey Luvin I want people to see a caring mother, daughter, sister and friend. Who is supportive, yet not a push-over, strong yet needs a hand of comfort to hold as well. Humble but not a doormat. A hard worker, gifted and talented writer, humble servant to Christ, skilled teacher of the Word. but most of all I want them to see that I give love unconditionally and freely.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznew...Wow...I bet they see it!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i dont know.. never really thought of it..

    but i need to learn that not every problem is there for me to fix.. something about me just always have to know...

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Relationships are work and from what I have read thus far both your work hasn't been in vain.

    I want people to see a human, a regular human who makes mistakes like everyone else and still manages to move forward and overcome.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    AWWWWW that is so sweet. Nice how you nipped that in the bud before he tried to get out of control with it LOL..you know how us humans can be..big babies when we wanna be..anywho I'm sure people see a confident, sometimes shy young woman who is coming to her own...then again who cares LOL..sike let me stop

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I like to help people when I see them going thorugh things I had to learned that I can't help everyone.

    @ladynay...that's a good one.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...Who cares is right...That's the reason why I didn't answer the question in return. It's not that I don't care what people think of me, it's just that it won't change the person that I am...

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    You are teaching us Ms Luvin... I like that responce that was awesome.
    Right now I think they see a stubborn person who does not want to go to the doctor. LOL.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    You are amazing!!! I woulda said somethin that woulda made him more upset knowing me...I want people to see an intelligent, spiritual, honest, caring,sucessful(when I get there), genuinely nice adult man thats damn sexy !! lol

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Shug said…

    Hmm...when people look at me I hope they see someone that is a really good person and who is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I want people to see an intelligent, sensitive, helpful, honest, funny, loyal, caring, sensitive, sexy, loving, and good man when they look at me.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @deepnthought...As hard as it is...I try my best.

    @valentino...Thanks...He can be a handful at times...I bet they see it!

    @shug...beauty is as beauty does...as least that's what i'm told. Although sometimes I have to get down right ugly!

    @freaky...I hope someone gets the chance to discover what is inside of Mr.Freaky...

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky..I had to laugh after I read my comment back to myself, but you know what I mean...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home