LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, August 25, 2006

My Spontaneous Man

I had a wonderful time yesterday. I started with a morning of bed rockin' and ended with a night of bed rockin', so you know it was good! Blogging was the farthest thing from my mind yesterday, but I'm back! Normally, I am up early enough to make breakfast for my family before they get out in the mornings, but I usually throw something together quickly. Yesterday, I made a big breakfast, so my man knew something was up. He stuck around for a while... Diva, Softspoken, and I had a great time. We had the first appointment at my friend's full service salon, so we were looking lovely, feeling great, and we had time to spare. We went shopping and then went out to lunch. After lunch we made it back to my place and I had a little something waiting for me.

I am a sucker for calla lilies. They are my flower of choice. There was a card attached and it read, " After a day at the salon, I know you're Hott as can be. For your next surprise, meet me at 3." My friends said their awwwwes and we said our goodbyes. We all knew my man was up to something good, so I had to hurry and get dressed so I wouldn't be late. I called and got my daughter's dad to pick her up from school and keep her for the night. It was on now! When my man makes spontaneous plans, he always chooses things that are kid friendly just in case, but I wanted some alone time.

My man left me the address and directions of where to meet him next to my flowers. I showered, got dressed, and headed out the door. After driving for a while, I started to call him, but I didn't want to wreck his flow, so I decided against it. For the first time, I enjoyed not knowing what would happen next...

I arrived at the lake and drove around until I saw his car. I parked next to him but there was no one in his car. I got out and there was a note for me under his windshield wiper blade that said, "Come down to the docks and look for a Dove, standing next to it will be someone you love." The name of the boat was The White Dove. It was a pretty big boat. I am not big on being on large bodies of water, but what the heck...you only live once. I have been on cruises before, but I prefer to fly to my destination.

My man had rented the White Dove for a day. He was standing there with that million dollar smile, talking the man that would be driving the boat. Then he turned and pointed to me, and said something to the man. They both looked at me and smiled. I can only imagine what he said...When I got to him I looked in his hand. He handed me medicine for motion sickness...He knows me too well...

We stayed out there for hours....talking, laughing, and just enjoying the view. It was so peaceful. I would have never thought to do something like that. That's why I love him so much. There is always a new experience....a new day.

The inside of the boat was lovely as well. We enjoyed it just as much as we enjoyed the outside.

When we got back home, we ended the day with me thanking him over and over again...

Have you ever had anyone in your life who loved giving you pleasant surprises (whether big or small)?

When was the last time you had a little spontaneity in your life?

14 Comments:

  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Awwwwwww I knew something went down yesterday! I love you two!

    Have you ever had anyone in your life who loved giving you pleasant surprises (whether big or small)?
    Yeah and I miss it sometimes...

    When was the last time you had a little spontaneity in your life?
    Alot of it recently but nothing positive, lol, it's all gravy tho'

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Wait I take that back, all the sudden stuff wasn't negative.....

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I'm about two shades darker, but I had a wonderful time...

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    awww that's so sweet! i was wondering where you were yesterday..

    yes.. my man gives me pleasant surprises that always makes me smile.. it feels good!

    spontaneity?? i could probably use a dose of it now but my schedule doesnt allow for it

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...You have been busy lately, but that's a good thing when you're having fun!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    awww. I am glad you had a beautiful day.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...Getting away is always a good thing.

    @deepthought...Thank you...

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Awwww Im so jelouse. LOL

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I think you should check for cameras because some of your readers are spying on you. LOL

    Have you ever had anyone in your life who loved giving you pleasant surprises (whether big or small)?
    I must say the women seem to have it good. I can't say I've ever had a mate that did things like that just because.

    When was the last time you had a little spontaneity in your life?
    It's been so long I don't even remember. As long as it's the good type I'm not opposed to it.

    I co-sign on being jealous.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @msnhim...He is just too much...

    @freaky...I think they're watching me too...

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    My ex-boyfriend used to do the cutest little things for me just because. I was so spoiled that I did start to take it for granted.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger ShawnQt said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger fuzzy said…

    :-) I'm gonna try some spontaneity with mine! I'll post on the results...

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @trina...Yep, that can easily be done if you're not careful...

    @fuzzy...We'll see what happens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home