LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy As A Lark...

There was something different about him yesterday. He walked a little taller, with his chest stuck out a little more than usual. His stride was proud, with a taste of happiness. He just kept looking at me and smiling. What was he up to?

What could it be that had him so happy? Everything around me seemed normal, so why was he so happy all of a sudden? He came in, turned on some music, and he started dinner while I helped my daughter with her homework ( and it was my night to cook).

After dinner, we all watched a movie, and my daughter was off to bed. Then he did the dishes ( I am still in awe), and ran a bubble bath for the two of us. After our bath we talked, and kissed, and cuddled...but no sex. It would have spoiled the moment. We just enjoyed each other.

I had to ask him why he was so happy. He said, "I am the luckiest man alive...I have my health and strength...I am able to provide and take care of myself and my soon to be family...I have a little girl in my life that thinks the world of me...I have a woman that loves me more than life itself...and I have family and friends...What more can a man ask for?"

You know I can never just let things be, so I had to dig deeper. I said, "But you have had that for a while, why this, why now?"

He told me that one of his colleges was going through some bad times. His wife had left him for another man and took everything, and he had been talking to a couple of guys in the office about the whole ordeal. He said he had even attempted suicide, but decided against it. He said that talking to that guy made him realize just how good he has it... and he never wants to lose it...so he'll do all he can to keep it.

We enjoyed each other for the rest of the night. He sang me to sleep...He sang our song until he could sing no more. I fell asleep with him holding me, and woke up with his arms around me. It was a wonderful feeling...

It's the little things that make me happy...That keeps us close...That makes me love him so much...I love the quiet moments when we are lost in each other...

Isn't it great when they remember the little things that made you fall in love in the first place?

Don't you just love the times when they do all they can to make you smile?

11 Comments:

  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Now see here you go LOL making me relieve the whole Constant issue but with that aside it feels so good to be loved and love others. Remembering how and why they make you smile...how they bring your favorite candy home, how they call right in the middle of the most hectic day to say that they love and miss you....darn you girl LOL...gotta go wipe my eyes haha

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...I have cried more in the past year that I have in all my life. But I'm glad to say that the tears have been tears of joy...

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    Isn't it great when they remember the little things that made you fall in love in the first place?

    it's wonderful! makes me love him 10 times more.. MJB was talking about this at her concert!

    Don't you just love the times when they do all they can to make you smile?

    of course.. makes you never want it or anything about the relationship to end

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Shug said…

    Awww! You two are so blessed.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...I'm glad you feel what I'm feeling right now. Isn't it great?

    @shug...Thank you...

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...Girl you know chocolate solves everything! LOL

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Thank you for sharing. I have not had this kind of love, but I know it is in the cards for me. Everytime I read one of my fave blogs, you all remind me to keep the faith and to keep my head up.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @enigma...I'm glad that I can be a blessing to someone else.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    I don't think I've experienced that type of relationship yet. Hopefully, one day I will.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @freaky...It's well worth the wait...

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Isn't it great when they remember the little things that made you fall in love in the first place?

    I always enjoy the little things

    Don't you just love the times when they do all they can to make you smile?

    When it happens I eat every moment up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home