LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Need V.S. Desire

I am dragging this morning...I pulled an all nighter with my man last night, and believe me, I am paying for it this morning...I need a nap in the worst way!

School is out for the summer here in Dallas! I'm giving my daughter a week to relax and do nothing, and then she's going on vacation with my parents. Two whole weeks without my child. What am I going to do with myself? Then when she gets back she'll be home for a week, and then she'll be gone with her dad for a whole month, and I'm going on vacation for a week with the whole crew! We have been planning a trip for almost a year, and finally our schedules will permit us to all go at the same time! I can't wait! Whew...I love summer! I know I will miss her terribly, but it is a much needed break. I pay for my child to go to school, and seems like I spend more time teaching her than they do. At the school that she attends, they have a weekly family reading assignments and projects. I actually learn a lot doing things with her. Her last project was to raise silkworms. They eat mulberry leaves and turn into white moths. They eat a lot, and we had to drive around looking for a mulberry tree. It was a mess! The first one hatched out of its cocoon yesterday, and we set it free. One down, four to go...Like I said, I'm glad school is OUT! I'm getting carried away like I'm getting graded on it...

Desire is a strong force. There is a big difference between desire and necessity. Once our needs have been met, desire kicks in. People in general desire many things...fortune, fame, love, friendship, companionship. But where does necessity stop, and desire begin? Is it enough to just have food, shelter and clothing? Or do you need a car to drive as well other things?

What do you need/desire for yourself? Here are a few things that I need as compared to the things that I desire...

I need my child to be healthy and happy.
I desire for her to grow up and do great things with her life.

I need my family.
I desire that they are all getting along, doing well, and are well taken care of.

I need a place to live.
I desire to have my own house w/all of the amenities.

I need a car to get around here.
I desire a nice car.

I need clothing.
I desire nice clothes, shoes, and accessories!

I need to take care of myself.
I desire to take care of everyone close to me.

I need enough money to take care of my daily needs.
I desire enough money to take care of me, and to be able to do other things that I want to do.

I need to be loved by someone. (Whether it be family or friends)
I desire to be loved by both my parents, my child, my, brother, and a man that loves me more than life itself.

What do you need vs desire in a mate/ potential mate?

I need for my man to be honest and loyal...

I desire for my man to (these are in no particular order)... be intelligent, financially stable, attractive, well-spoken, trustworthy, a ONE-WOMAN man, excellent lover, thoughtful, concerned about the things that affect me...enjoy some of the same hobbies that I enjoy...Listens when I speak...Hold me when I just want to be held...I'll stop there. I could go on and on.

I see that my desires outweigh my needs. I took care of my NEEDS first, then I started working on my DESIRES. Hence the reason that I feel complete. I am grateful to have the things that I need and most of the things that I desire.

What are you doing to make sure that your needs are being met, and your desires can be attained?

If you get all of the things that you desire, but don't take care of the things and people that you need in your life, you will incomplete. No amount of money can cure loneliness. Money can buy acquaintances, but it can never buy a true friend or lover. You can have the money to buy anything that you want, but at the end of the day, the things/people won't be there for you because they care about you, they'll only be there for the money that you can put into them.

Take the time to invest in yourself...
1)Physically- Take care of your body...no one else will, and you only get one... 2)Emotionally- Love yourself unconditionally... 3)Intellectually- read books, take courses, educate yourself, explore new things...the mind is a muscle and should be worked out like any other muscle in the body.

Also take the time to invest in people(giving your time, and your heart...not your money), because when it is all said and done, that's all we have left.


To recap the questions for today's post...

Where does necessity stop, and desire begin?

What do you need/desire for yourself?

What do you need v.s. desire in a mate/potential mate?

What are you doing to make sure that your needs are being met, and your desires can be attained?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Where does necessity stop, and desire begin?
    Once you got everything you need

    What do you need/desire for yourself?
    I need to be tip top with my health...I desire to live comfortably vs. check to check.

    What do you need v.s. desire in a mate/potential mate?
    I need an honest trustworthy God fearing man....I desire those physical preferences of mine

    What are you doing to make sure that your needs are being met, and your desires can be attained?
    I am working hard, taking more time to exercise, I am trying to get out the house more, trying to learn the basics about investing...things like that

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay. It sounds like a plan to me!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Where does necessity stop, and desire begin?
    When my basic needs have been met.

    What do you need/desire for yourself?
    To be fit and healthy, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually

    What do you need v.s. desire in a mate/potential mate?
    I need a man that is honest, god-fearing, trustworthy and that loves me unconditionally
    I desire a man that is all of the above and satisfies the physical preferences I have.

    What are you doing to make sure that your needs are being met, and your desires can be attained?

    I work in a field that I love so that I can do a job that leaves me satisfied at the end of the day AND allows me to meet my needs and some of my desires. I am exercising daily, saving more, spending less and getting out with friends often.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznew...it sounds like you have things n check so far!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home