LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Insecurity

The pool party was great! My sunroom was the hit of the party. Being that it was 95 degrees in the shade, we opted to stay in there in the AC, chill, eat, and play cards until the sun started to go down. Then we swam for a few hours. Ambitious provided the alcohol and music(he has connections through his club). It turned out better than I expected. There was a little drama though.

My man is very supportive of the way that I live. I work, take care of my child, and enjoy my life. I never sit and wonder where he is or what he is doing ( although 90% of the time he is with me....) when we are not together, and he doesn't worry about me. We are together out of desire for each other. My friend Ambitious has a girlfriend that he has been seeing, and for a while now. At one point, they were talking about marriage. She is a very pretty girl. But her insecurity is driving him crazy. She has only been around us a few times. She never wants to hang with his friends (we can a handful at times). He likes hanging out with us, so I know that is a problem for him. She comes around on the rare occasions when I have small, private dinners at my house...but when you have friends like mine, dinners are rarely private. When I cook, it's like they smell it a mile away because someone always wants to come by. He says that she doesn't really like crowds, which is cool. I am the same way for the most part. I really only like to be surrounded by people that I know, but I make exceptions at times. I go to restaurants, private parties, and clubs on occasion...but I'm not really into the big party scene. If he speaks to anyone while they are out, she questions him about where he knows the person from. Even men...she thinks that a guy could be his But anyway, she never really comes around.

She came to the pool party. She stuck to him like glue. Everywhere he moved, she moved. Whenever someone said something to him, she would ask who it was, and what they said. She really needs to loosen up. I don't think that she has realized that we all knew him BEFORE he started dating her, and if any of us liked him, she would not be in the picture. Plus, if he had someone else that he was involved with, why would he invite her to the same party? Some people just don't think. He was irritated by the way she was acting. I must admit, she was getting on my nerves too...and I wasn't the only one that noticed, we all did.

Ambitious pulled her to the side to talk to her. I guess whatever he said hurt her feelings because she started crying and went and sat in the car ( and might I remind you that it was hotter than a sauna out there). He came back to the table and started playing cards like nothing happened. We all sat there and stared at him, waiting for him to say something. He didn't say anything, he just gave me that "what did I do?" look. My man( the peacemaker), and I went to check on her. She was sitting in that hot a** truck, sweating and crying. I tend to have a shut the f*** up and shake that s*** off type of attitude when it comes to my friend's mates so my man, knowing how I am, opened the door and told her to get out of the hot truck and come in the house. We went into the kitchen( I didn't want her sweaty behind on my couch) and sat at the island. My Boo gave her some water and tissue and asked if she was okay. She was still sobbing. I just sat there looking at her with a blank look on my face, trying to figure out what he could have said to make her cry that way. She stopped crying long enough to tell us.

She said that he told her that if she doesn't get her insecurity in check, this will be the last trip that she would be making with him...anywhere. She said that she knew how insecure she was. She told us how she checks his cell phone( and actually calls the numbers back), his pockets, his body( for any unrecognizable marks), his wallet and his truck for numbers...she said a lot more, but I'll stop there...that's enough to drive anyone crazy. ( I just saw something like this on Dr. Phil last week.) My Boo just sat there shaking his head. I asked her, in a disgusted tone, "why do you do that?" She said that it gives her a sense of security. I asked if he ever cheated on her and she replied no. So where did the insecurity come from? She said she is like that with all men, and she was not changing. If they didn't like the way she was, they could just step. I bet she didn't tell him that! But you know I couldn't let my boy go out like that. I know, it was messy, but she was on the verge of messing up my good day... She was about to let how she was treated in the past mess up a good thing with a good man...

I went outside and got Ambitious. He was annoyed by the whole situation, but he came inside. Her newfound courage melted when she saw him. He said "What?" ( I had never seen him act like this with a female...she must have really made him mad.) She just started crying again. Then my Boo said, "Tell him." She looked at Ambitious and said, "I'm sorry, but this is me. This is how I am. If you can't accept it , then we can't be together." He just sat there with a straight face and said, "Okay, get your things, I'll take you home." I rode with them because he was acting weird. My man stayed and watched the party. She didn't live that far from me. He walked her to the door, hugged her and said goodbye, and got back in the truck.

We pulled off and he let out a sigh of relief. he said, "She just did me a favor. I have wanted to do that for a long time and didn't want to hurt her feelings. I have so much going on with me, and she just added to the madness. Being a club owner, I get calls from all types of people trying to use the club. Part promoters, event planners...I have lost too much business behind her craziness. She called and cursed out a lady that was trying to give her daughter a bridal shower on a Sunday afternoon. The club is closed to the public on Sunday, but I rent it out for private parties. By the time she finished with the lady I lost the party. the she had the nerve to accuse me of being with the lady...and that's just one occurrence. There have been many more. I have had enough." We went back and partied like nothing ever happened. I guess when you are fed up, nothing really matters anymore.

After the party, and I ended up having a ton of company staying over until Sunday morning. My man made breakfast for everyone, and we sent them on their way. I am still a little tired from the whole thing, but even with the little situation with Ambitious and his jealous chic, I had a good time.

Insecurtiy plays a big part in people's lives. How they look, how they act, how they dress, who they choose ot be in a relationship with...

Why are some people so insecure?

Why are some people reluctant to change self-destructive behavior? Do you think they really feel that it is okay?

Why do people mess up good relationships and then complain about being lonely?

17 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Why are some people so insecure?

    Most of that stems from childhood. I guarantee they were either talked down to or saw one of their parents talked down to.

    Why are some people reluctant to change self-destructive behavior? Do you think they really feel that it is okay?
    Folks get into bad habits and are too lazy to change them. Nah they don't feel it's ok but it is familiar and familiarity breeds comfort.

    Why do people mess up good relationships and then complain about being lonely?
    Foolish.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    Why are some people so insecure? That's difficult to say! I think the root of insecurity is a past hurt that hasn't been dealt with or some feeling or thing that wasn't acquired at a critical stage of our developement. I don't think that being insecure or having insecurities is as shallow and trifling as most people would have us believe.

    Why are some people reluctant to change self-destructive behavior? Because you have to be honest enough to admit that you have the behavior. After that you have to think about how it's hurt(ing) you and your relationships. I don't know a lot of reflective people. These things usually have to be told to them by several people, harshly!

    Do you think they really feel that it is okay? Unless they try to change that behavior then on some level I think they think it's okay. If they find people who will accept that behavior then the insecurity can be condoned in the mind of the insecure person.

    Why do people mess up good relationships and then complain about being lonely? I'm not sure they realize the relationship is good until it's over. It's easier to dump you or get you to dump me then to acknowledge, deal with, and overcome my problems. At least that's one train of thought.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznewagenda...Good point.Once people are comfortable with a certain behavior, it's almost impossible to change.

    @freaky...So true. People don't miss good things until they are gone.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Mrs A. said…

    @ mz. na-you are such a therapist ;-)

    i am saddened by ol girl's situation. insecurity and regret are the biggest wastes of time. if someone is gonna do something, no amount of snooping, questioning, following around will stop it. it just drives you and the other person crazy. why are people like that? i'll never get it. we all go through things...so to cling to past experiences to the point that they destroy our futures makes ZERO sense to me. maybe i'm a hard-ass. but i still feel bad for her.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    Homegirl needs a clue...she's prob been hurt before or has seen her father or other men cheat her on her mother while she was a child and now she's determined for that not to happen to her...but she's missing out...poor girl.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i ask the same ?? all the time! if the someone's significant other does not give a reason to be insecure.. then it's no reason to act the way some do! if you can't help it, as the chick said... then they need to be alone! and work on their personal issue by themselves before trying to be w/ someone else

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @miss a...I feel bad for her, but Im glad my friend got rid of her.

    @southern gal...Yes it is...

    @valentino...Call me selfish, but I'm just glad he got her out of there before she had the chance to make a scene at my party.

    @ttd...She doesn't think she has a problem. She feels it is part of her personality/character...strange but I guess she believes that makes it right.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger thee modern isis said…

    I was in a relationship with a guy that was very insecure. I never cheated on him or gave him reason to, but I had got in a car accident and of course my cellphone was off. I was in the hospital over night and I must have had 15 messages from him going from calm and sweet to damn near telling me that I was cheating and ignoring his phone calls. He had accused me of talking to other people, and if a man, be it younger or older, told me hello and made small talk, he just knew that I HAD to have known the person on an intimate level.

    Later on I did mention his obssession and he told me his past girlfriend cheated and did other bad things to him.. I guess that was still on his mind regardless of me never giving him reason to assume anything. I actually broke it off with him and when I did he stormed away like a big azz kid.

    I think that those with insecurity issues need therapy, someone to help them overcome the obstacle because if not, they will lead a lonely and troubled life, always missing out and pushing good people away.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @modern isis...So true...

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Newy said…

    LOL @ Miss A - Girl crazy recognize crazy...nah on the real when you have had issues or folks you know have had issues, you learn to spot em ;-) Aint that right Lovin Me?

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznewagenda...Yes it is!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said…

    Don't know if I'm echoing the same sentiment, but chances are,

    a) she saw momma 'nem doing that in the past, and thought it was normal.

    b) she's used to having men in her life that were always trying to run a game on her, yet she didn't know how to handle a brother that was genuine.

    c) had a really twisted way of trying to find her place in his life.

    I have a friend like that, and she drives everyone insane with her "i just wanna be loved" whiny antics.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Why are some people so insecure?
    Some folk are determined not to get hurt again

    Why are some people reluctant to change self-destructive behavior? Do you think they really feel that it is okay?
    They won't change if they don't see it's not healthy

    Why do people mess up good relationships and then complain about being lonely?
    Some don't know what a good relationship is...we repeat a cycle with the same type of people receiving the same type of result...being alone

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said…

    omg...was she really sitting her crazy azz in the car?...it's funny when i hear about other couples attitudes...i would've done the same thing your dude did...but mrs.sarccastik....she would've said..."Leave that crazy b#$$ in the car"....good post

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    Girl, I have not been to a pool party in ages. Maybe its because no one I know right about now has a pool ;-)

    It sounds like you really have a great relationship. That type of relationship seems so rare these days.

    Damn, Ambitious had to be mad as all hell to go see in a hot ass car! I woulda never did that shit. I woulda passed out in that damn car.

    I wish I knew what people have so many insecurities. I have many myself. Its caused minor problems in relationships in the past, but nothing major. My question is how do you get past them? I mean, its not so simple to get rid of them once they’ve developed.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger nikki said…

    ole girl is insecure to the 'n'th degree. she might have had someone cheat on her in the past and that cheating made her question her own appeal. she might have had a no-show dad who made her wonder why he didn't love her.

    i'm glad ambitious did his thing, though. she has to be held accountable for pushing him away. hopefully she'll recognize that her behavior is what led to the breakup and she'll make changes.

    meanwhile, i gotta give props to ya man for cooking everyone breakfast the next morning. now THAT'S what i'm talking about!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @chris...I can't imagine how it feels to keeps feeling like that bottled up.

    @youtoldharpo...That would drive me nuts!

    @ladynay...The people that faer love are usually the ones that end up getting hurt the most. I'm not saying that people should wear their hear on their sleeve. I'm just saying that they should be open to love.

    @sarccastik...I'm surprised we didn't find her passed out in the car. It was a mess!

    @Nic...I wanted to laugh at her, but I felt sorry for her.

    @nikki...I think he just knows that his girl likes to eat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home