LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, April 06, 2006

You Really Don't Want Me To Answer That Question...

I am not one to call people ugly. I know there are a lot of unattractive people out there, but I have made it a habit to not judge or talk about people. I try to stay positive, as much as possible. I know that beauty comes from within, and seeing only the outward appearance is vain. But what do you do when U-G-L-Y stares you in the face and asks your opinion?

Why is it that ugly people make it a habit to talk to you, and expect you to say something nice. We are a product of our parents genes. You mix them up, and you get what you get. It's like rolling dice.

I hate allergy season. Especially, for my daughter ....I am sitting in the packed waiting room of my daughter's doctor's office yesterday afternoon, and this couple is sitting next to me. They are playing with their baby. The lady smiles and makes the comment that my daughter is cute. I say thank you and proceed to stare blankly at the episode of Sponge Bob that is showing on the screen in the office. Now you know the creepy feeling that you get when someone is staring at you( I had it)...I look up to see both parents staring at me, as if they are waiting for me to say something. They smile, but they don't say anything. But they keep looking at me.

The baby then crawls into the mother's lap and she says, "Hey cutie pie". She continues to talk to the baby while bouncing him on her knee and smiling. Then she turns to me and says, "Do you want to hold him?" I love kids, but today is not the day. I give her a strained smile and said, "Oh no thank you, he seems pretty happy with you." She smiles and tells me the whole story of how she tried for son long to have a baby and she finally had one. Okay lady. I'm happy for you, but today is just not the day. Then she waits for me to comment. I say nothing, I just go back to watching Sponge Bob....All the while I am thinking...When are they going to call us back to see the doctor?

I AM NOT FRIENDLY, but I'm not rude either. If someone that I don't know says something to me, I say something in response, just being cordial. I guess I look approachable. People always talk to me. Why? I have no clue. I guess it's the southern hospitality. Yesterday, I was in no mood for conversation. I just wanted to get into the doctor's office and out. But this lady would not let up. She was determined to talk to me!

The lady says to me. "Isn't he gorgeous? " Why did she ask me that question? I was hoping that she wouldn't say that! I should have taken a pic of that kid with my phone...Then you would see what I am talking about!

Are we looking at the same kid? I mean, I don't like to call people's kids ugly, but this kid was...Well you know. I could not lie to her. First of all, I did not want to talk to this lady and she is forcing me into an unwanted conversation. Second, she is asking me a question that she already knows the answer to. Why should I have to comment on her kid because she commented about mine. I didn't ask her if my daughter was cute. She felt the need to tell me so...She looks at me awaiting my answer ( I have to think fast) so I say, " He looks just like both of you." She smiles, satisfied with the answer. Whew, that was close.

She did not stop there. She handed the baby to me ANYWAY. I don't reach for him, she just sits in my lap. I am like WTF! I am thinking, lady, I don't know you. I already told you that I don't want to hold that kid! Not because I don't like kids, I just don't feel good! My allergies are acting up, and I am ready to go home! I am in a foul mood because I feel bad, and just don't want to be bothered. Leave me the h*** alone and get your kid...Mind you that she had been bouncing him the whole time. Then...It happens! As soon as she handed him to me, the baby spit up on my off white linen top! I bought it last year, but it was my first time wearing it. You know it is when you find a cute shirt, but you wait until you have the perfect pants and shoes for it before you bring it out of the closet! NO! NO! NO! She quickly grabs the baby and apologizes, and tries to help me clean my shirt. I go to the bathroom and clean it the best that I can. As soon as I come out, they call my daughter's name. D***!

I must have been glaring at this woman because she keeps apologizing and her husband tries to hand me $20 to pay for my shirt to be cleaned. I didn't take the money. I just wanted those people away from me. Why didn't she just leave me ALONE in the first place!

Do you tell people that their kids are cute when you KNOW they are not?

Do you have unattractive people around you that don't know it?

Do you hate it when people just talk to you because you are in the same place at the same time, or is it just me?

18 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Do you tell people that their kids are cute when you KNOW they are not? No. But I may say "O what a cute outfit"

    Do you have unattractive people around you that don't know it? not really

    Do you hate it when people just talk to you because you are in the same place at the same time, or is it just me? depends on my mood

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    Do you tell people that their kids are cute when you KNOW they are not?

    Sometimes just to be nice.

    Do you have unattractive people around you that don't know it?

    Not really

    Do you hate it when people just talk to you because you are in the same place at the same time, or is it just me? Ths happens to me all the time. When I get on the bus even though its obvious I have my music on people still want to chit chat. And I usually get the crazy's that wnat to talk about coming out of jail and shit like that!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH you are such a good one! Cuz I would have had to say something when she put her child in your lap! I mean apparently she didn't get the message that you were not in the mood to chit chat and be playsome. Then to have the baby spit up on you? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Glory. Excuse me while I have a moment...............

    As far as your questions:
    Do you tell people that their kids are cute when you KNOW they are not? No, but I find something about a feature I like. Most babies have big full cheeks, so mostly I say something about the cheeks.

    Do you have unattractive people around you that don't know it? I won't get on the therapy couch but sometimes I feel unpretty. Most people who I find unattractive have a mate or someone in their surroundings that tell them other wise so they have no reason to think they are.

    Do you hate it when people just talk to you because you are in the same place at the same time, or is it just me? I don't mind small chit chat to waste time, but if I don't feel like talking leave me alone!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznewagenda...I guess I never pay attention to the outfit.

    @msnhim...LOL..Crazy people on the bus...that's a post in itself!

    @ladynay...I was so mad! I just wanted to get away from them.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    no it's not just you.. i'm not a talkative person... and i dont like to make small talk just b/c..

    i think u handled the question well.. i usually answer.. "awww.. he/she is adorable" i think all babies are adorable.. not cute.. but adorable! that's my safe answer :o)

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said…

    LoL @mznewagenda

    I've done the same thing. "OOOOh look at those cute lil'..... shoes on da boo-booooo! *poor baby sitting there all cockeyed and drooling*

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Miz JJ said…

    I don't really like kids so when people try to pawn their kids off on me I claim to have strep throat (which is highly contagious).

    I am with ttd. I hate small talk. I find it awkward and uncomfortable. That's why I have my iPod with me at all times. That way I can pretend not to hear people.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    No...I don't tell people their kids are cute if they're not. And if I was asked and the kid wasn't cute, I guess I would say something like "Children are such a blessing!" or "He's/She's sweet."

    I don't think I know anyone who is unattractive that thinks they are cute...I know some people that have unattractive attributes that I don't think they realize...but not the whole package.

    It depends on my mood whether or not people talking to me just because we are in the same place will bother me. If I'm in a rush, doing something or not feeling well...yes. If I'm bored out of my mind or if the person is a guy and he's cute...no.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Omar Ramon said…

    WOW. Good answer to the stupid question about the lil critter. I love kids..lawd knows I do..but i'll be a jerk, before i let them throw up on me.

    I would NOT have taken that baby.
    I would have been str8 up "I have malaria and I don't wanna make the lil munchkin sick." and handed him right back to his clueless mammy.(or if you don't wanna lie, just say ur not feeling well. but theatrics ain't neva hurt nobody!LOL) I'd have taken that money too. walkin around in public with ugly juices all over ya shirt. A mess. well.. nah i'm just talkin trash I would have been nice...but I hate when my manners and polite demeanor fails to get across the point that I don't wanna talk!!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Paula D. said…

    No she didn't just sit the baby in your lap! Oh weee, I don't like to talk about kids, but some are not cute. I just lie.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ttd...Small talk SUCKS!

    @baby o...Some people can't just move on for some reason.

    @Southern gal...I can be talkative as well, just not with strangers.

    @youtold...ROTF!

    @miz jj...When I am in a bad mood, I like MY kid.

    @darbs...yea...a cute guy is an exception.

    @sangroncito...I wanted to slap her a** when that little monster stained my shirt.

    @omar...Dramatics are always effective, but I was feeling terrible. There is no telling what I would have said to her on a good day!

    @paula d...I can't lie. That kid WAS NOT cute at all!

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said…

    LOL! You are too funny...I'm going to keep reading...

    You're a good one. The spit up would have been the straw that broke the camels back.

    You did the right thing by not telling them their baby was unattractive. Besides, he may grow up to be very handsome.

    Yes, I do have unattractive people around me that don't know it or at least they try to pretend they don't realize it. Sometimes it's hard for me to look at them! But, then there are others that are so nice, funny, and personable that they become beautiful:)Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so I try not to even think about it...

    Sometimes I hate it when people talk to me especially when I'm lost in my thoughts. I have told a person that I didn't mean to be rude, but I had a lot on my mind. Then there are times where I get defeated and start talking back only to realize that I enjoyed the conversation...

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @dynasty...Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Me, Myself, and I said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Me, Myself, and I said…

    Do you tell people that their kids are cute when you KNOW they are not? I'll comment on something about them I like. I won't just say he/she is cute, though.

    Do you have unattractive people around you that don't know it?
    Yes. Work with a few of them. None of my friends and family are unattractive, though. Thank God.

    Do you hate it when people just talk to you because you are in the same place at the same time, or is it just me?
    It depends on my mood. I'll be nice, but my responses will be short if I don't want to be bothered. When I'm in a good mood, I don't mind conversing...

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    I don't see babies as being ugly.Just love their innocence and stuff.

    Yup,I can relate to some not so attractive people that always talk down others

    I really hate to be on flights and have chatty persons in the seat next to me.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Ms.Behavin said…

    HAHAHA!!! The kid spit up on your shirt????? OMG!!!! I don't even know how I would've handled that!!!! I ty to keep my wits about me, but I may have had to cuss them out-- the Momma, Daddy & funny lookin' kid!!! lol

    Do you tell people that their kids are cute when you KNOW they are not? No, but I say somethin' like "Awww... look at his little fingers" or "Look at her little chubby self". For whatever reason, people assume that means that you think their baby is cute.

    Do you have unattractive people around you that don't know it? not really

    Do you hate it when people just talk to you because you are in the same place at the same time, or is it just me? I must not be an approachable person. Most people just leave me alone. Maybe you should scowl more. ;-)

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Kayla...I can be moody at times, and this just wasn't one of my best days.

    @abeni...That's so nice...but she could have kept that little critter to herself!

    @ms.behavin...I was able to bite my tongue(this time). I was just ready to go!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home