LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, April 10, 2006

My Weekend is Over...

I have been locked up in a lakeside cabin for 2 and a half days with a man I adore. I feel wonderful! No friends, no family, no one's problems, and most importantly, no phone! I need to get away more often...

Have you ever been around a person that you NEVER get tired of. Don't get me wrong, my Boo and I enjoy our own space, but we never get to the point to where we just have to get away from each other. When we are together, we are like teenagers again. I get the giggles, and I am happy for no reason at all. He gets a little silly too. This weekend, we went camping. I am not the "outdoorsie" type, so I would never make it in a tent, or in an RV. He calls me a "girlie girl." My Boo loves nature. He appreciates everything about it from the trees to the water. My allergies say otherwise, but I try to get into the things that he is into, as well as he tries to do the same. He even sits through the ballet. So with a double dose of my allergy meds in my system, and plenty at hand, we opted to stay in our cabin for the weekend. That way, he got to frolic in the great outdoors, I had the luxury of indoor plumbing. We fished, hiked, shot the bow and arrow(actually I am very good at archery), rode mountain bikes, and HE did ALL the cooking, so it was great! He has been taking a culinary class and he wanted to show me his skills. I was impressed!

I only had one big scare this weekend. I am TERRIFIED of snakes. We came across one while we were hiking. It was just sitting there, looking at us. Now I have watched enough National Geographic and Discovery Channel specials to know that snakes will attack without being provoked. When I saw it, I couldn't move...But just like that, it was over. My Boo shot it so fast that I didn't even have time to scream. I had jitters for the rest of the day. I don't know if it was the snake or the gunshot, but I was jumping at even the slightest noise. I was checking all the corners of the house, the closets, the cabinets...I didn't want any surprises. So we stayed inside the remainder of the weekend. Which wasn't so bad at all...If you know what I mean.

When you love someone, you learn to appreciate the small things about them, and you learn to tolerate the things that you dislike. Camping being one of those things for me.

So, the questions for today are (I don't expect you to answer them all)...

How much sex is too much sex?

How much time do you enjoy spending with your mate?

What things could you NOT tolerate in a relationship?

What things are a MUST HAVE for your partner?

What is an ideal relationship to you? Does it even exist? (Before I was in a good relationship, I couldn't answer this question...)

15 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    See now my skin is jumping and I haven't been no where near a snake!!!!

    How much sex is too much sex?
    When your privates go numb

    How much time do you enjoy spending with your mate?
    Need one first

    What things could you NOT tolerate in a relationship?
    Lying, being ignored, don't listen, so forth and so on....

    What things are a MUST HAVE for your partner?
    Physically thick...Mentally mature...Emotionally affectionate, so forth and so on....

    What is an ideal relationship to you? Does it even exist? (Before I was in a good relationship, I couldn't answer this question...)
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm one where there is very little stress or drama.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    How much sex is too much sex?
    i was gonna say...when you get raw...lol

    *smh*

    i don't know

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    LOL @ladynay...When your privates go numb....

    @diamond...I don't know either...LOL

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said…

    Ugh - I envy you. You're in the type of relationship every gay man wants to be in...he's cooking for you, protecting you from vicious snakes, making sweet love to you in the wildnerness...ugh, I hate you now - lol.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i HATE snakes too.. glad that ya'll had a good weekend...

    too much sex is when you're really sore afterwards that you cant take anymore for a couple of days

    ideal relationship = the one i'm in now

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @jamal...Don't hate...LOL!

    @TTD...Lucky you! I now know what true love feels like too. I

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    Girl, I'm scared just thinking about a damn snake, I'm glad your man showed you, you can feel safe with him, some niggas prolly would ran...dddy.

    Thats good yall don't get tired of each other, thats how me and my baby daddy was, but we never wanted space from each other which caused hell in the end....if we were only wiser...

    I moved blogspots by the way, sorry for the inconvience....

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    How much sex is too much sex?

    When your so sore you cant even close your legs. LOL


    How much time do you enjoy spending with your mate?

    I love hanging with my man but I also like to hang out with my friends. It a balancing act.

    What things could you NOT tolerate in a relationship?

    Lying, cheating, and just being to comfortable in the relationship that he feels he doesn't have to keep the romance alive

    What things are a MUST HAVE for your partner?


    Honesty. Not matter what the issues is as loong as I know the truth we can get through it.


    What is an ideal relationship to you?


    I dont think there is an Ideal relationship.....all relationships can use work, even the good ones.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @myreason...I don't think I could tolerate that either.

    @nsane...You keep changing up on me...It's something about seeing him shoot that snake that made me respect him in a totally different way.

    @msnhim...True...All relationships can use work. I didn't know that until I found him. even though I am in a wonderful relationship, I realize that the bad comes with the good.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    How much sex is too much sex?

    How much time do you enjoy spending with your mate? IF im really feeling him, all my free time ......At one piont my whole life consisted of him...when he passed, i didnt know what I was gonna do with myself.

    What things could you NOT tolerate in a relationship? DISLOYALTY and disrespect

    What things are a MUST HAVE for your partner? LOYALTY

    What is an ideal relationship to you? Does it even exist? I might have been in one..it was so surreal and fairy tale that a man was actually all into me and only me and all the effort he put into me to get me and it didnt stop once we got togehter....But I doubt I will find that again :*(

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    I spend most of my free time with him

    Can't tolerate lying,cheating and being taken for granted

    Must be humorous,patient like Job to deal with me and my moods

    ideal relationship is where you focus on each other and don't take one another for granted

    Dunno how much sex is too much

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    How much sex is too much sex?
    I was about to say no amount is too much until I Lady Nay's response, LOL. She's got a point there.

    How much time do you enjoy spending with your mate?
    As much time as possible. We work opposite schedules and don't see each other as much as I'd like so every moment I can get I appreciate!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    * How much sex is too much sex: It's never too much if you both enjoy it!

    * How much time do you enjoy spending with your mate: I no longer have one, but when I get another one, I want to be just like you!

    * What things could you NOT tolerate in a relationship: Lying, disrespect, incosideration (is that a word?), lack of communication...the list can go on and on.

    * What things are a MUST HAVE for your partner: some sense of spirituality, love for his family, intellect, openmindedness, great communicator, sense of humor, free spirit again, the list can go on and on.

    * What is an ideal relationship to you? One based on love, friendship, mutual respect and admiration.

    @ Luvin: I'm happy for you and your man...sounds like you guys had a wonderful time...kudos to you for advancing and participating in what interests him! Sounds like you have a very solid relationship...all the best to you!

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @darbs...Thank you....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home