LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm Not Your Friend

Why do people feel the need to volunteer lies? I mean, my parents have money...SO WHAT! I work everyday like every one else...they do too!. People always want something for nothing! But I am not having it! I refused to be used by anyone. Been there, done that, learned my lesson....

You ain't gotta lie to kick it!

I'm as real as they come. A true friend to the end. Loyal and honest, to say the least. I don't judge people around me by their looks or financial status. We are who we are. I accept all people, from the prince to the pauper. I don't understand why people feel they have to lie to be my friend, or why some people want to be my friend at all. I don't have a sign around my neck saying, "I Want Friends," so LEAVE ME ALONE! If I don't invite you into my life, keep on moving!

I am not friendly. I am a very nice person, but I don't walk around making friends with people. As most of you know by reading my blog, I will ALWAYS help a friend in need, but don't try to be my friend to get something from me. We all have friends. Just because you associate with one of my friends does not make us cool. There is this chic, Alana, that seems to be everywhere I am. I mean that literally. It's getting kind of creepy.

I was sitting in dance rehearsal with my daughter last week. She was very excited because the instructor had allowed he to add something to the routine and she wanted me to see. Alana comes up to me and says hi. I know her through my friend Angel, but I don't KNOW her. She brings her daughter over to meet my daughter. This is where the creepiness begins...She says "Our daughter's are the same age." I smile politely and say, "Yes they are."
Alana: They dance in the same group.
Me: (No s*** Sherlock) I know.
Alana: Your daughter is very good.
Me: Thank you.
Alana: I heard that her grandmother was a choreographer at the local dance academy.
Me: Yep.
Alana: So she has natural talent. That's an big advantage.
Me(Okay, where is this conversation going?) She practices hard. She's a little perfectionist.
Alana: I need to make sure my daughter practices more.
Me: (Annoyed by the whole scene because I have missed what I came to see). Okay.(Walking away) You have a nice day now.

That was just the first run in I had with her. The next time I saw her, I was at the mall. The next day! She came to me and started talking about my car. She was like, "That ride must have cost you a grip." I said nothing. So she kept going. "You really believe in buying the best don't you?" I smiled, and still said nothing. She was wrecking my groove. This was supposed to be my alone time, and she was all up in my mix! I picked up a few things for myself and my daughter, then I got out of there. Why is it that I felt like she was behind me picking up the same things. Maybe it was just me...

I saw her again that week. Three times in one week. Like I said, creepy. This time I was out with my cousin(w/the 6 kids). We were talking about her "problem". She has been boosting for about 6 months. I knew it. That's why she stole from me...It was nothing to her. She said that she knew she had reached her lowest low when she stole from me. But we talked, and she said that she had a scare last week and she is done. I hope that's true because I love my family, but I am NOT going to take care of six kids while she sits in jail, and I let her know! She said that she didn't want them spilt up with their fathers and she would stop if not for herself, for her kids. I'm happy for her...If she's telling the truth.

Alana walked up to us wearing the same shirt that I had gotten a few days earlier when she saw me at the mall (Note to self...Take it back). I knew it! I don't know how she saw us. We were tucked away in a quiet little corner at this restaurant having lunch. Where did she come from? She spoke, and we spoke cordially, and then went back to our conversation. She was still standing there, waiting for us to invite her to sit down...Walk away...Just, walk away. My cousin says," May we help you?" She says to my cousin(stumbling over her words, "I love your hair. Who does your hair?" My cousin told her, and she finally walked away. I said, "That chic is weird." I called Angel when I got in the car, and told her about her girl. She said that it was strange, but she says that her friend has very low self-esteem.

This wasn't low self esteem, this was borderline crazy.

But it doesn't stop there. This is the creepiest of ALL. Tell me why I saw this chic while I was on my weekend get-away with my Boo? Now I know for sure this chic is following me! We were fishing and I look down the bank and who do I see, none other than Alana, with her husband, casting the line.

She sees me looking in her direction and come towards me. She say in a cheerful voice, "Hey girl." Then she introduces herself to my Boo, as my friend and starts a conversation with him. I gave her a half smile, and my perceptive Boo picked up on it, so he cut his conversation short. We stopped fishing and went back to the cabin. On the way back, my Boo says, "That was a weird chic, and she's your friend. I have pretty met most of your girls. Why haven't I met her before." He picked up on it from the start...Then I told him about all the coincidental meetings we kept having. We both thought it was strange, but nervously laughed it off and finished our weekend, uninterrupted. He warned my to stay away from her.

To avoid seeing her, I opted to let my daughter's dad take her to dance rehearsal. Sure enough, psycho asked him where I was. He said, "I don't know." She then says, "How can you have a kid by someone and not know where they are?" He was pissed, but let it slide. He said he just walked off from her and he and my daughter got in the car and left. While at practice, her daughter gave my daughter an invitation to her birthday party. I tore it up and threw it away. My daughter didn't seem to care much.

Out of no where, Alana calls me. She got my number the contact list from the dance studio! She says, "Will your daughter be attending the party this weekend? " I said, "No, we have something to do." I was tired of being nice. She was getting on my nerves. Then she says, "Maybe they can do something together next weekend." I finally just snapped. I said, "Look, our daughters aren't friends. They barely know each other, and I don't know you!" She didn't say anything for a moment, then she said, "Okay," and hung up.

She called me back and said, "I was just calling to apologize for making you upset earlier. We're still girls right? " Girls? Who the f*** are you? Leave me the h*** alone ( I didn't say it, I just thought it in my head!). Instead I said, "No, you are Angel's friend, not mine. You seem like a nice person, but I am kinda full right now in the friend department." Then she says, "so I've heard. You probably can't afford anymore." Instead of getting angry, I just said, "No, I can't. So I hope that means you will leave me alone now." So that was it. This chic was out to get money from me. Angel must have told her about her situation with her mortgage payments being behind and how we helped her. Now she was looking for a cash cow! What made her think that I would give her money? Angel had been my friend for most of my life. What was this chic thinking? Needless to say, I haven't heard from Alana since our last conversation...If I would have known that it would be that easy, I would have tried that a week ago. But I am being careful, she might try to do something to me. She showed too many crazy tendencies over the past week...Stalker tendencies. My friend Angel says that Alana came out and told her that she wants to hang with us. She likes how we roll, and how close we all are. Of course I said H** NAW. Angel said when she told her no, she started to cry. Huh? It's not that serious. We are not a celebrities or anything. We are just everyday guys and gals that like to have fun. I have never seen someone who wants to be another person's friend that bad!

Have you ever had anyone that wanted to be around you just to get something from you?

Have you ever had someone who just wanted to be around you in general, but you just weren't feeling them?

14 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    So you tell Angel everywhere you go? How would stalker chic know everywhere you are?

    She may see your group as a high class "in crowd" and she wants to be part of, who knows!

    That is scary tho'! Why is she singling you out of the group? You all seem in a decent state...you all helped your girl with her mortgage...why you?

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    My friends co-worker is like that. Anytime we talk about getting together after work here comes ol'girl " what are you talking about, where are you going"


    Can you stay out of our coversation!!!!!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger @GaryTylone said…

    OMG that was sounding very Single White Femalish huh.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Darbs said…

    I had this happen to me with one person in my life and I had to end the friendship because it was becoming too unhealthy for her and too annoying for me. It was sad though, because she was a really nice girl...she just had terribly low self esteem. And, to be honest, it was flattering to know that someone thought that much of me that they just wanted to be in my presence and do the things that I did...but it just got to be too much.

    Everybody just wants to belong and to be liked. I'm just glad that I have been blessed with the gift of friendship and that I can be choosy. I cannot imagine how it must feel to be on the other side of the fence.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    Have you ever had anyone that wanted to be around you just to get something from you?
    Yes. I used to throw parties alot when I lived in Alameda and almost everyone on the ship who was not on duty (I was in the Navy) would come. This chic up the street began to talk to me and tried to start hanging out so she could get to know the 'crew'. Weird.

    Have you ever had someone who just wanted to be around you in general, but you just weren't feeling them? Yep. This poet chic. I met her when I was spitting (running poetry) at a club one night and she started showing up all the places I was doing shows. I stopped doing shows on the regular and now only make random appearances here and there.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...Angel and I don't like that. Especially not on the phone.
    Why me? Exactly.

    @msnhim...For real!

    @Valentino...My sentiments exactly!

    @Darbs...I would hate for it to be me on the other side too, but I would, at some point, realize that it has to be something about me that scares people away, then do something about it.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mznewagenda...There are some crazy people out there...

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @Southern gal...The girl has issues.

    @Babyo...It's hard to let new people in.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said…

    On my blog I just wrote about a chick that I think is a little weird. She bought me some rather nice birthday gifts for someone that has only saw me 3 times in her life and we only talk in passing. I was thinking that she might be on some Single White Female type ish. But, I noticed that she always comments on how she doesn't have many friends in Boston and she goes out alone when she does venture out and she doesn't have a man. She's lonely...So, I assume that's why she's latching on to me the same way ole girl is trying to latch on to you.

    A lot of people pick their friends based on their perception of "how they roll". Since your girl can vouch for her it may not be as bad as you think...Everyone doesn't have people they can call friends.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger TTD said…

    WOW!!! that's crazy.. yeah.. you better be careful!

    so what you tryna say? we not blog friends? =(

    j/k :o)

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Charles X said…

    LMAO! that lady is CRAZY! you better watch out before miss fatal attraction pops out of a closet and attacks you

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @dynasty...She's married with kids, and she has other friends...

    @myreason...I have me eyes open.

    @ttd...You know I "Luv" you guys!

    @Charlesx...I know...She is really a piece of work!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Weird,just weird.I used to have some girls hanging around because they thought I was part of the in crowd.Anyway,they were quickly weeded out because I like genuine people

     

Post a Comment

<< Home