LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, January 23, 2006

Positive Factors in Your Life

Another beautiful day in the life of Luvin Me......

My daughter and I went shopping this weekend. The girl is seven years old, but believe me, she has her own style. She knows exactly what she likes, and she puts it together rather nicely ...I tell you, the girl is a diva in training!

When was the last time that you told the people close to you, how you feel about them? Be it, a mate, a child, family , or friends. Do the people that you care about know how you feel? Do you show them? For me, I try to call my parents and brother daily, and see them at least once a week, if not more. My friends and I talk often, and get together as often as well can...or I drop them an email, just to let them know I'm there. Well, my daughter is almost always around, so she gets the best of me....

Time can mean so much to a person. It doesn't have to be a lot. Just a second a of your time can change someone's day or life for the better. Just think about it. We can ward off negative feeling just by reading a positive post on someone's blog.

Also, be mindful of the company you keep, and the way you are towards others. My father used to tell my brother and I three things to keep us in check when we were growing up. I was reminded of this when I was reading a post on someone's blog. I try to use the same thoughts for my daughter....
1) Don't limp for cripples. (Don't try to carry others)
2) Your character is who you are when no one is looking.(You be the judge of your
actions)
3) There is no place in society for a lazy tongue(Speak your mind)

Surround yourselves with positive people. You really don't have a choice when it comes to your family, but YOU can choose to be the positive force in their lives!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    Very nice post....I have a 12 year old daughter and I know exactly how you must feel about your daughter. One day I had a situation w/ my daughter and we couldn't find her. (I'll post about it one day) While we were looking for her I just kept thinking that no matter what happened she knew I loved her because I ALWAYS say it to her when we part ways. I say it before I hang up the phone, before she leaves for school, or whatever. So I know what you mean about letting people know how you feel.

    Thanx for coming by my spot, and I will definitely be back here.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    your dad is so right with his 3 points....I had to prune a few folks out of my life last year because they were dead weight...good post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home