LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, January 16, 2006

Friendship

What is true friendship? By definition, a friend is...a person whom one knows, likes, and trusts;is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade. But what is true friendship to you? Can you really trust the people that you call your friends?
How far should you go with you friends? Do you loan them money...Share your deepest secrets and desires? How many TRUE friends do you really have?

I ask these questions because, as I mentioned in a previous post, I am going to into business with a friend of mine to open a nightclub, we'll call him 'Ambitious'. I trust this person and I know that he is loyal to me as a friend. Another friend of ours is truely upset with me at the fact that I am helping 'Ambitious'out, we'll call him 'Green Eyes or GE for short'. GE called me over the weekend and tried to talk me out of the whole thing. We are all supposed to be very close. I just can't believe that he would try to do that to another friend. We all got together this weekend at my place. Being that my parents are Creole, I was introduced to cooking Gumbo at an early age, and people come from miles around to devour it! I made a pot of Gumbo, and sent my friend out for some wine and spirits for my little get together (which actually turned out to be very nice.)

Let me introduce you to my circle...First, we have 'Ambitious' who is always trying to get ahead in life...straight,single, and successful. We have the 'Diva' who loves to make his presence known...single(when he wants to be), gay, and successful. We have 'Green Eyes' meant for both jealousy and his eye color, who hates to see others do better than him, he is married and successful. We have 'Angel'...she is an all around good person...married, straight, and successful. There is 'the Strong One' who is very honest and just tells it like it is..he is single, straight,and successful. We have 'High Class'...she likes nothing but the best(men, clothing, etc..)...single, straight, and successful. Next we have 'the Softspoken One', who is very shy and might I add, gorgeous. The ladies go crazy over him. He is single and successful, but sorry girls, he is gay. Last but not least we have 'Tit and Tat'. They have been committed to each other since our freshman year in college. They are always together, and they still look at each other like they did on the first day they met. Both are gay and successful...

Many people question how straight and gay people can hang out and not date each other. As 'Ambitious' would say, when I see my boy, I don't see his sexuality, I see his personality. I love him as a person, not for what he chooses to do in his bedroom. He doesn't question what I do between the sheets, so I don't question him. And that folks...is what friendship is all about. We are all still able to talk openly about our relationships and sexuality because we are secure in who we are and what we like. I think having strong people around for supports helps with that tremendously!

We all met through each other and have become very close over the years. We talk all the time, and we get together often, especially on birthdays! I consider these people my friends. None of them have ever crossed me. I mean, we have had minor disagreements, but through it all, friendship prevailed.

Back to my delimma....At my house, GE was acting like everything was cool (but he called me again on Sunday with the same BS). We played games (Cards, Pictionary, Dominoes, and several others). Everyone was tipsy and having a good time. In the back of my mind I was still a little upset at the conversation that I had with GE.I just can't believe that GE is trying to talk bad about Ambitious. I have seen GE hate on other people, but never his friend. As a friend, should I tell Ambitious or should I just tell GE to back off and let it go without telling Ambitious? Is there something more to this situation that I'm not seeing?

Right now I am just trying to figure out what to do. I love both of my friends very much, but I have no clue of what to do.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said…

    My true friends are people whom I admire, respect and go the extra mile on things I wouldn't have done for others.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    in spite of drama...friends are one of the very best things this life has to offer.

    i am so grateful for mine!

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Charles X said…

    um tell Softspoken to holla at me! LOL well not HOLLA at me...cause well... he probably wouldn't, being softspoken and all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home