LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Karma is a Mutha....

Just when she thought she had gotten away, it came back and slapped her in the face....Karma, that is....

I have always to made it a habit to treat people right, no matter what.

I have a friend. We'll call her High Class. She wants nothing but the best. Clothes, cars, you name it. At this point, she takes care of herself, and buys her own things, so I guess it's okay. But it wasn't always that way. She has used many people on her rise to the top. Particularly men.

She feels that all men are going to hurt you in the end, so why not beat them to the punch. I told her that was an awful way to live, but I can only be a friend, I can't think for her. She used this guy, we'll call him Balla to the limit. He paid her rent in advance for a year. He bought her a new car. Gave her money whenever she wanted. Credit cards... He really loved her. She played him for a fool. Used him up! He lost his job, and while in transition to something else, he told her that they would have to slow down on spending. She was furious (and this is HIS money)! She drained him mentally and financially. I have never seen a grown man cry like that. He was so stressed out. She took him for everything he had. I really felt sorry for him, but she had no mercy. She broke it off with him because he no longer had money the way he had before. He was still cool with all of us, so he continued to come around. A few days later she brought this other guy around, and he was devastated. He tried to talk to her and reason with her, but she just treated him so cold in front of everyone over and over again. We didn't hear from him for a long time after that.

He called me a few days ago. He wanted to check in on everyone to see how we were doing, and let everyone know what was going on in his life. Now, he has opened his own engineering firm and is doing very well for himself. He is supposed to get married in the fall. High Class lost her VERY GOOD job about a week ago, and is starting something new. She is taking a huge salary cut. When she found out he was getting married, she went crazy. She is so jealous. She has been crying for the last few days. I told her it was senseless to cry. He was gone! All of that could have been hers if she would have just been patient and given this guy a chance to be a man and not a bank. Now she calling him, trying to get him back. He is not having it! I feel sorry for my friend, but I am happy for him. Happy that he got away when he did. Is that wrong? My how the tables turn!

Always treat people right because you never know...You just might miss your blessing in disguise. You never known when karma will come back on you, and this time for her, it was a mutha!

Do you believe in the power of karma? Do you feel that your current situation could be a direct consequence of the choices you have made in your life? What are your thoughts?

15 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I do believe in Karma and although some events in my life might be a direct effect of what I've done in that past it's not too bad so I'm not sure (lol)..which is why I try to treat others how I want to be treated. I'm more apt to try to work problems out than to run away or ignore them therefore causing hard feelings and karma to go into effect.

    I remember when I was little and I use to do wrong and apologize to my parents and they would say are you apologizing cause you're sorry for what you did or that you got caught....mostly it was the latter lol but I think that's what going on with your friend..she's crying because she got what was coming to her not cause she really wanted him...I feel sorry for her and I hope she has learned even a little lesson from this....great post girl. I love how you make me think lol especially in the morning and on an almost weekend day.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    i believe in karma.. i never have experienced it personally.. but my friends have.. i try to be as nice as possible to people at all times (somestimes you cant help but to be mean) but i always try

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey-libra...I really feel what goes around comes around.We reap what we sow...Thinking is a good thing!

    @ttd...I feel you. It doesn't hurt to be nice(sometimes)!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said…

    aint that the truth - i have karma too much i think

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    That's what your girl deserves!!! A relationship is not about take take take take, let a brotha pay my rent for a year in advance.....shoooot! Let her tail cry!

    YES!!!! I believe in Karma and it's a mutha.

    I think some of the things I experience now are because of the things that I have done in the past, which is why I am happier now than I was a few years ago!

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    OH yeah I do...thats how I try to live my life. I know my past will catch up to me someday but I try to do right by people. TEll old girl to MAN UP and fall back. SHe lost one and that makes it hard for chicks like me

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I totally believe in Karma and sadly I have been hit by it on occasion. No one is perfect but we should try to live our lives in a way that doesn't intentionally hurt other people

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger N4R said…

    Karma is a bitch and that is what she gets. Hurt that man like that. We feel too you know. I know most men get a bad rap for being dogs but we all aren't. Back in my day when I was straight (LOL) I was always considered a "nice" guy. I guess there was a reason for that. But treated my women right but they all wanted the thug. Sorry that wasn't my flow. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't a punk just too pretty of a pretty boy. I say all this to say I was nice guy and still am. Not all guys are out to get chicks so a chick shouldn't feel the need to get them first.

    Boy was that a long comment...LOL

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    Yep, like I said everyone ....Karma is a Mutha!

    @no4real4real...you just had a lot to say.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Darius T. Williams said…

    Um, I don't necessarily believe in the shoes of karma, they don't match my shirt of beiliefs. However, there is a little something special that exists that will make sure reciprocity has her place in the universe!

    Coming Into Reality,
    -Jamal

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Yup,you can't plant corn and get peas.It always comes back to bite you as I have learnt from past experiences.No sympathies here for High Class at all

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said…

    I have a lot to say about this post but I will keep it simple...I do believe in Karma like a mutha..and I also believe I will miss my chance or I already have missed my chance at true love because I'm so damn materialistic. It's sad but I am honest about it.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    ain't it the truth...

    u definitely will reap what u sow

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    It's nothing wrong with Keepin' it Real!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    yep I believe that momentum that karma builds up as it is coming back around gives you twice as hard as a lick as you give out...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home