LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Monday, February 27, 2006

Everything Has a Price!

I am exhausted! I have been going non-stop since Friday.

I had a couple of friends fly in from Cali last week, and they have worn me out. They are in town writing/producing an album for an upcoming music artist. They will probably be here for a few months, depending on how long the process will take. The CD is going to be hot when it hits the streets! They are so talented. I normally don't post pics, but I will post some pics of the studio later this week. I am so proud of my boys! They are making big money and big moves. This is their first time in Dallas, so they don't know their way around. They have been traveling for the past year with only a one week break in between, so they were in need of some R&R and home cooked meals! I cooked for them on Sunday, and they went crazy! They ate everything! I'm glad they were happy. I probably got about 8 hours of sleep (total) since Thursday. I have been hanging with them, and I don't know how they do it. The money...the parties...the women..long working hours. But it was so exciting. I am no groupie, but I have never had so many famous people talk to me face to face in my life. I was in a different world this weekend...where I didn't have to come out of my pocket for anything and money was no object. I have to admit. It was nice!

The sad thing that I learned this weekend is, EVERYTHING has a price. People truely sell their souls for money. I met a group of females this weekend that were brought in by the 'upcoming artist." The new artist already has money, so music is just something that he is trying out. These women are ridiculous. They do WHATEVER he wants with no questions asked.. He doesn't really pay them, he just buys them nice things from time to time. They just like the fact that they can be with him. It was crazy. I saw all sorts of things this weekend. My boys were not distracted by the women (and these girls were BAD! I meal all shades all shapes, they were beautiful). They just kept working like it was nothing. They are on a mission. My friend explained to me that when women sell themselves short, they lose their value like any other expendible goods. The law of supply and demand, they have to money, and the women provide themselves to them for almost nothing. Just because they Have money. Now is it me, or do any of you think like I do. I said to him, "What does your money have to do with me. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, I still have to wake up and work like all the other normal people in the world." He just smiled and said, "that's why I love you girl, You keep it real no matter what." He said that, it makes them lose their worth. They are no longer seen as women, just things. I was like whoa. I have never really thought of it that way.

I was the only women in the studio this weekend that was treated with respect. It felt really nice. One girl actually came uo to me asked me what I did to get the royal treatment. She said, either "you are family or have some good p***y to get the royal treatment. You must have f****d one of them really good to have it like that!" I just looked at her and smiled. I didn't feed into her little game. I just said. "I have my ways." In reality, I was in shock. Have we sank so low to believe that sex is our only asset. I was there becuase these guys trust me. Not because I have something physical to offer them. What I gave them was much more valuable than money. I gave them friendship! If friendship is real, it has no price! Hopefully these women can get it together before it's too late. (I doubt it! They are so messed up in the head.)

Do you feel like everything has a price? Would you sell yourself short for money? What are your thoughts?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    no.. i wouldn't sell myself short.. im like f*ck their $$.. it aint mine! yeah.. you might buy me something but if i really want.. i'll buy it myself.. i dated this guy shortly that was semi-famous.. i was into him BEFORE i realized who he was.. we ended really quickly b/c he was used to females being all over him.. so sad!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I'm with TTD, whatever you can buy for me I should be or can buy it for myself. I don't need to be your groupie or follow you around to get it. I hate when guys act like just becuase they have money you have to fall all over them...nah boo fall all over me lol

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Not selling myself short...nononononononono! After the money is spent and they aren't who they use to be then what? Sell my coochie to the next up and coming artist then write a book when there isn't another one to jump to or my cooch has been beat up by any and everyone?

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @All...I glad there are a few sound minded sistas out there!

    ROTF @ LadyNay

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    No,I never hang with anyone for whatI can get materially.I remember when I was in NJ my aunt used to try and fix me up with what she considered young,up and coming men-meaning they had money.That used to irritate me so bad as it felt like I was being auctioned off.I likemyself a bit too much to setle for someone just cos they can buy me expensive things

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    I must admit that there was once a time that I would sell myself short for money, but my values have changed so much.

    I feel now that there is nothing someone can buy for me that I can’t get for myself. If I can’t afford it, then I don’t need it! Come check out my latest post. I gave you a shout out!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    nope ....I could never sell myself short...I am so used to doing for myself...*smh* sad that some folks think that fame/fortune is worth losing themselves

     

Post a Comment

<< Home