LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Men...You Gotta Love 'Em

Then men in my life spoil me to death...It's no wonder that I expect nothing but the best. I have slipped up in my choices with men over the years, but finally, when I took the time to actually listen to what they were saying, and not transforming their words into what I wanted to hear, I was able to weed out the BS and find a REAL man.

My Boo...

I am officially spoiled...Not that I wasn't already. I have been so busy, and yesterday my man left work early. He came by my house to help me finish up a presentation that I had for some international clients(It would have taken me forever if I had done it alone)...Cooked for me...Helped my daughter with her book report...Took her outside to ride her bike with the other kids in the neighborhood and played video games with her (While I took a long, hot bath...He wore her out playing, because she went straight to bed after she ate dinner and her bath!)...Gave me a full body massage...And rocked me to sleep! I love that man!

Oh yeah...He popped the question this weekend, but I talked him into waiting a while...I'll have to tell you the story at a later date...I love him...But I am just not ready to make that giant leap yet, and I WILL NOT do it until I am ready! He accepted my answer and the fact that I am not ready. I don't really think he's ready either. I think he just wants to make sure that I'm in his life for a very long time. I assured him that I wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon...You have to keep them on their toes. Now it seems he is working even harder to prove to me that he was meant to be with me. I love it. I stroke his ego on a regular basis, but I never tell him exactly what he wants to hear...It works very well for me, and keeps him from taking what he has for granted.


My Brother...

It has been hot as h*** in Texas the last couple of days. I wanted to get in my pool yesterday, but I had just gotten it cleaned, so I have to wait! My pool was a gift from my brother. I know it's a little selfish, but I kind of love the fact that he is not married and has no kids! He spoils the heck out of the ladies in his life(me, my mom, and my daughter). He is going to make some woman very happy. He said that he is officially tired of playing the field, and is looking to settle down with his current girlfriend, but he's going to give the relationship a little more time. I'm a little sad that things will change, but I am happy for my brother. We extremely close!


My Dad...

I have been a daddy's girl all my life. My father is strict, but he was the first man that I was able to deceive...I've been working my magic on him for a long time...He taught me many hard lessons. He has always called me his "Show Me" girl. He can tell me anything, but I have to see it to believe it. I learned the hard way, but I am very grateful, cause some of the things he stepped back and allowed me to experience, helped me to become the woman I am today.


My Grandpa...

I have been able to get anything I want from him, ALL MY LIFE....End of story!


The men in my life have taught me what unconditional love is. I think that is one of the main reasons that I don't need a man to validate me. They, along with my mother and aunts, have taught me to be strong. After taking time to reflect on my life, I have realized that I have a gift that many people will never know. A family that is full of love ( on my mother's side of the family of course). It's a rare kind of love and pride, that has been passed down through the generations. I have always wondered why people with issues gravitate towards me, but I have finally realized that it is because they see stability. In me and my family. As a family, we have taken in a lot of people along the way, and have helped them. I feel that my purpose in life is to help people who really NEED me.

Who spoils you? Your mother...Father...Your kids ( with little tokens of their affection, and smiles that shower you with love)...Your man...or YOU?

I know this was kind of a mushy post, but I was just feeling all sentimental today...

17 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    Who spoils me? Hmmmmmmmmm right off the bat I can say my mom, grandma, and aunt. Everytime I go home they give me some "change" and something new. Whether that be a bag of tube socks to a sparkly shimmy shimmy tina turner dress. It's not just material things, but whatever I say I need, if they can do it or get it, it's done. Granted, I am a lot less spoiled since I had my daughter and she is the real spoiled one now, but having them give and do for her spoils me indirectly cuz I don't have to do or pay for whatever.....

    It's awesome that you have so many great men in your life. Cherish it.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Msnhim said…

    I am sooo spoiled.

    My parents started it and my husband perfected it.


    I've been told by friends that I am spoiled but Its just always been that way. :-)

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky said…

    My mom and grandparents created the spoiled man brat I am today. Now only my mom is the only spoiler in my life. You're lucky.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger NegroPino™ said…

    Nobody spoils me but ME...and when he was alive my PAPI....he was the first man EVER to treat me like a WOMAN not even my own father did that for me. So I hvae gotten accustomed to being t reated a certain way by men..not materialistically......But if your own father can't, who will?

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger chele said…

    Ain't nothing wrong with mushy, girl. You are blessed to be surrounded with so much REAL love.

    Who spoiles me? ME! Expensive facials, shoes, furniture ... whatever I want I get.

    I was never spoiled growing up so it's difficult to receive that kind of treatment from someone else. My boo tries, but I'll only allow him to do so much. I know that's weird.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @ladynay...I love those guys!

    @msnhim...so you feel me?

    @feaky deaky...My brother is spoiled too...My mom cooks for him EVERYDAY! When she cooks her dinner, she makes enough for him to take home. It's a mess!

    @ms.new booty...It's nothing wrong with spoiling yourself.

    @chele...I had a problem accepting things from my Boo in the beginning...but when I saw diamonds, all that changed!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger N4R said…

    Wow that was an amazing post. I am happy you chose to share that. Makes me great being a man. Your man loves you girl and that is blessing. Keep him tight. Good luck to you.

    I am happy to be back. I just update.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @no4real...hmmm...and you still left me hanging! LOL!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Hmm..as a matter of fact I'm not really spoiled but I have spoiled moments lol...a current boo, sometimes my mom and dad will do things unknowingly...I tend to spoil my nephew cause I don't have any kids so it's all good.....aww popped the question huh that is soo nice....glad you are taking time to not rush into things so many don't do that and aren't that smart. They just want to get married and don't understand that it's serious not a game.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    after "Oh yeah...He popped the question this weekend" everything else was blah, blah, blah! I got all giddy!! im happy for you.. and when the time is right for you.. i'll be even happier!

    my b/f definitely spoils me!! my mom & grandmother spoiled me.. but he made me rotten :)

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Take Care of them NIGGAZ! Feel Me?

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @honey...time is everything!

    @ttd...I am excited...to say the least, because I know for sure where we stand...but I am using good judgement with this one!

    @bossmack...I'll do that for sure! Or as they say here is Dallas...Awwready!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    u ain't being mushy! you're being blessed!

    my brother, mom, and dad spoil me. i'm learning to spoil myself more, though.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @nikki...There's nothing wrong with that!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Darbs said…

    Although everyone says I'm spoiled, I don't agree...unless they mean that I am spoiled with love. I'm not a very materialistic person, so I haven't been spoiled with "things"...but I am all about love, friendship and attention. I get lots of that from plenty of different people.

    However, if my paternal grandmother was still living...I would be out of control!

    Congrats on the proposal, but I am glad that remained focused on what you need and want!

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger Abeni said…

    My aunt-gives me so many things it is sometimes embarrassing.

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    It sounds like we are all spoiled by someone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home