LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Letting the Past Go...and So On

I knew that he would try something. I know him.

After all this time of my daughter's dad and I having an amicable relationship...It will never be the same.

We agreed to meet at my parent's house to drop off and pick up my daughter. We were getting ready to leave the house. The doorbell rings...

I tried to make it to the door before my man did. He was already there. When he opened the door they just looked at each other. My man spoke to him. He says he has no problem with him. He just had to show him that he meant business.

My daughter's dad just looked at him. He always has to bend the rules. I told him not to come by my house because I didn't want trouble. But he never listens. He has to do things his way when he's angry.

My man just smiled at him, but it wasn't that sweet smile that he gets me with. This smile was a nervous grin that said, Be careful, there's more where that came from.

My stomach was in knots. My daughter's dad had a terrible temper. I just knew he would try something. But he didn't. This time...

What was he thinking?

He's tries to call, I pick up the phone and hand it to my daughter.

He wants to talk, but at this point if it's not about my daughter, I have nothing to say.

He wants to know why I won't talk to him. WTH?

He wants to play games...

This is serious business.

I walked away from drama in my life a long time ago, and I'm not looking back.

He's been pulling some stupid stunts lately...Calling in the middle of the night to check on our daughter. Going by to talk to my parents about the whole mess. He knows they won't comment. They've always remained neutral. They said it's the best thing when a child's involved. Emailing me...He has lost his mind!

I can't worry about the past, it's never gonna change.

All I can do is look to the future, and hope that this fool gets some sense pretty soon.

===========================

On another note...

I have an associate who is asking for advice.

She is dating a guy. They live down the street from each other. They have been dating off and on for about 2 years. I must say that the road has been rocky.

About a a month or so ago, she found out that he has been cheating on her with another lady on their street. When she confronted him with it, he confessed. Then he told her that he wanted an open relationship, no string attached. She didn't want to let him go, so she agreed.

A word to the wise...Never get into an open relationship with someone that you truly care about. It will never work because you'll always want more than they are willing to give.

She found out that she was pregnant 2 days ago. She was told when she was younger that she would never have kids, and up until this point, she's never been pregnant before. She wants to have a child so badly.

When she told her so called boyfriend, he told her that he really didn't want to have a kid. That's the reason he dated her, because he thought she couldn't have them. He told her that he'd quit his job before he paid for a child he didn't want.

She is so hurt behind the whole thing and the fact still remains that she is pregnant. She asks me what she should do. The h*** if I know!

What would you do in the situation?

10 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For the sake of your child's father, I hope he stops the madness because it sounds like your man ain't playing.

    As for your associate, I'll keep the baby only b/c she really wants a child and was told she would never have kids. She'll probably never have the opportunity to have another one. There are some amazing women who have/are raising kid(s) alone. As for the boyfriend, he has already told her he doesn't want a child so she should just let him be. I know it's easier said than done but it gets easier as time goes by. Hit him what it hurts; in his pockets. He can't stay unemployed for 18 yrs straight.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Newy said…

    I would keep the baby because it is a gift from God. She knows where he stands as far as the kid but he will pay...whether he wants to or not. Like Thoughts said, he can't stay unemployed for 18 years.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @southern gal...He really does need to quit!

    I told her I think she should keep it...

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME said…

    @mz new...Yep, he'll pay one way or the other. If he didn't want a child, he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing to get one...

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger TTD said…

    if she's financially stable.. i would keep it.. it may be a struggle but if the dude is willing to drop her all together just b/c she has a kid.. then the baby is a blessing b/c the loser wasn't meant for her!!

    ur situation... ur child's father is TRIPPING!!! i dunno know what to say about that!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger deepnthought said…

    I am at a loss for words

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I hope your daughters father stops all the game playing cause he's only hurting your daughter in the process..using her to get to you.

    On to the friend..she should have known (yea we all should know sometimes lol but we don't) but she should have let him go, personally I'm not for abortion so this baby should be seen as a sign to her (a blessing) God will provide a way for her to take care of the child....the BF is a mess a HOT ASS MESS...enough said (I could say he's probably ugly lol but i don't know that)

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger Emotionalbrotha said…

    I would sit down and talk to her- If she really wants the baby, I would support her in that but she has to understand that she going to be raising it without the big head daddy!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ladynay said…

    If she really wants the and is able to care for it on her own I think she should have it. If the only reason she wants it is to keep that man then she may need to have a talk with herself and figure stuff out.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Shug said…

    If I was her and I really wanted the child, I'd keep it. She can raise the kid on her own. I hope she isn't thinking that having this child will make him change though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home