LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Come All Ye Bloggers.....

Today is my first day in blogland. I have been reading several interesting blogs, and I've decided to start one for myself. This is a New Year for me to start loving me. I have been so wrapped up in work, and raising my daughter that I somehow forgot all about me.

I live in Dallas, TX, actually in the 'burbs' near Dallas. When most people think of Texas, they think of horses, cowboy boots, and 'grills'. I am 26 years old and have yet to ride a horse, nor do I have gold teeth. I the decendant of Creole parents(who speak French and English). My mother is barely brown with long red hair, and my father is the whitest black man you have even seen. Pale skin with black curly hair. You wouldn't know he was black if he didn't open his mouth and tell you. My brother and I got are a mixture of both of them. We look like a tan version of my father. I have my mother's eyes, and long auburn hair. My brother looks just like my father with auburn curly hair. My daughter is the spitting image of her father.

I must say, it is different down here. Pretty slow, to say the least. I've always wanted more than the average Texan. Although Dallas is a wonderful place to raise children, and become financially stable, it lacks in many other areas. Everything is far away. You NEED a car to live here. Sure we have buses and trains, but they are more of a hassle, than they are helpful. It is also fairly easy to buy a house here. If you have a stable job and decent credit(although they will work with you) you can do it. The cost of living is fairly low.
I have been working for at my job for seven years now, and I love my job! I don't have to be stuck in one place at time, sitting behind a desk, wondering why I am there. I get to go and come as I please, which works well for me.

I am a single mom. My daughter's dad couldn't get with the program, so I had to keep on steppin' . He's an excellent father, but we agree to keep it at that. I am single, independant, and loving it! It's up to me to teach my daughter how to be a good woman. So I lead my child by example. What she sees is what she gets. I don't try to make her think that the world is this fairy tale land, I let her know the realities of this cruel hard world. I made her start a savings account, so she will learn the value of money. I teach her the consequences of her actions. She has turned out to be a really good kid. Just as independant as her mother! So far, my main goal has been to make sure that my daughter has all that she needs, and just about everything that she wants.

Now I have to do something for ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home