LUVIN ME

A way to express my thoughts to the world...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I Love My Peeps

It's Thursday morning! I say that to say, that I officially have one more day of the corporate work week before I can get some much needed rest. I think the holidays have me spoiled. Well, it's back to work for me.

I have a friend who wants to open a club. It has been his dream forever. He found a location, has half the money, and is now looking for a loyal partner. He came to me with the question last night, business plan in hand, but I told him to let me sleep on it a little. I mean, I'm all for black business, but a club is risky. My mom is a Corporate CPA and she works herself! My Brother is a structural engineer, and he works for a major engineering firm here is Dallas, but on the side, he works for himself! My dad is a chemical engineer and of course he doesn't work for himself, by he is in a postion to where people have to do what he wants, and not the other way around. My little family is in a good place right now, and I feel like I can't go anywhere but up at this point. Anyway, back to my boy! We have been throwing several weekend parties to see how things would work out. Dallas does not have an abundance of Reggae clubs, so this is a good idea. He already has a DJ, a bartender, and a liquor license. So far, everything is legit. Now I have to decide if this place is really worth my money.

I work hard for the almighty dollar, and I can't just let it slip away too easily. I know that sounds vain, but I have another person to think about (my daughter). Right now, she is pretty much set. Between the IRA that her grandfathers started for her at birth and the mutual fund, trust,college fund, not to mention insurance, she is pretty much set if anything were to happen to me. Seeing that she is the only child in the family, she reaps all the benefits.

The year of luvin' me has already began to take shape. Here we are, a week into the month and I already have an investment opportunity! Yea for me! What the hell, I'm going for it!

For all of you out there wondering what to do next. I have to be like Nike and say...Just Do It. Whatever it is that you have been wanting to do in your life...Do It! Stop waiting for the perfect moment because it will never come. The perfect moment is the moment you decide to do whatever it is that you want to do!

So with this post I leave you with the lyrics of Video by India Arie... Love your self Ladies and gents...and with that...Do yo' thang!

Sometimes I shave my legs and sometimes I don’t
Sometimes I comb my hair and sometimes I won’t
Depend on how the wind blows I might even paint my toes
It really just depends on whatever feels good in my soul

I’m not the average girl from your video
And I ain’t built like a supermodel
But, I learned to love myself unconditionally
Because I am a queenI’m not the average girl from your video
My worth is not determined by the price of my clothes
No matter what I’m wearing I will always be India Aria

When I look in the mirror the only one there is me
Every freckle on my face is where it’s supposed to be
And I know our creator didn’t make no mistakes on me
My feet, my thighs, my lips, my eyes;
I’m lovin’ what I see

Am I less of a lady if I don’t wear pantyhose?
My mama said a lady ain’t what she wears but, what she knows
But, I’ve drawn a conclusion,
it’s all an illusion,
confusion’s the name of the game
A misconception, a vast deception
Something’s gotta change
Don’t be offended this is all my opinion
Ain’t nothing that I’m sayin law
This is a true confession of a life learned lesson
I was sent here to share witY’all
So get in where you fit in go on and shine
Free your mind, now’s the time
Put your salt on the shelf
Go on and love yourself
’cuz everything’s gonna be all right

Keep your fancy drinks and your expensive minksI
don’t need that to have a good time
Keep your expensive car and your caviar
All I need is my guitar
Keep your crisp style and your pistol
I’d rather have a pretty piece of crystal
Don’t need your silicon I prefer my own
What God gave me is just fine

1 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Stone said…

    Thanks babe from stoping by my spot. I will look on you too as often as i can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home